Working together with TEXACO for quality service and value
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"), the data controller is WCF Ltd of Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria CA8 1TN.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post codes
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- details of any purchases of products you make and of the fulfilment of your orders
- details of your visits to the Website including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to process orders and deliver products to you
- to take payments in relation to the purchase of our products by you
- to improve our products and services
- we may occasionally send you information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided
- to customise the Website according to your interests.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if WCF or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions for use of and access to the Website and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of WCF, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect via the Website.
Where we have given you a password as part of registering to use the "MyAccount" section of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Session cookies: these allow WCF to link your actions when accessing the Website during a single browser session to allow you to use the website most efficiently. Session cookies expire at the end of a browser session that is when you exit your browser.
- Persistent cookies: these enable WCF to "recognise" you on your return to the Website, to remember your preferences and to tailor services to you. These cookies are stored on your hard drive between browsing sessions, but have a defined expiry date (see below for details).
We set out in more detail each cookie that we use on the Website and the purposes for which we use them in the following table:
|Cookie name||Purpose||More information|
|Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)||We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Website, in order to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited.||Further information about these cookies is available at http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html.|
|ASPSESSIONIDxxxxxx||This cookie allows us to recognise your session on the Website when you use the "MyAccount" section of the Website.||This is a session cookie, which expires when you exit your browser.|
|myaccount||This cookie is activated if you agree to accept cookies on the Website.||This is a persistent cookie, which will expire one year after the date you last logged on to the Website.|
|myaccount[company_id]||This cookie is activated if you select the "remember my username" option on the Website when logging in to the "MyAccount" section of the Website, which ensures that the Website will remember your username for subsequent visits to the Website.||This is a persistent cookie, which will expire one year after activation.|
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. In particular, you will not be able to use the MyAccount section of the Website if you decline cookies from the Website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address set out below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A fee of £10 will be payable per request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at the address set out below or by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address set out below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct the information.
If at any time you wish to be removed from our database, or you no longer wish to receive communications from WCF Ltd, then please contact us at Station Goods Yard, Warton Rd, Carnforth, Lancs, LA5 9EU or email us at email@example.com.
For more information, or to request a quote, contact our Sales Team:
01524 733669 01524 720077 firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
As a TEXACO Authorised Distributor, we have priority over independant distributors during fuel supply shortages.
Copyright © 2008 WCF Fuels - North West