Heating oil is an expensive commodity and is often a target of thieves. Unsecured tanks are at an increased risk of theft but following these simple steps you can help deter would-be thieves.
... Read More
Heating oil is used by some 850,000+ homes throughout England & Wales, it is mainly used in boilers for heating domestic properties but some homes also use kerosene to run a range style cooker. Bo... Read More
Diesel bug can affect any fuel but is more commonly found in gas oil (red diesel) tanks. It is a build up of biological matter caused by the accumulation of water in the fuel tank. The infograph below... Read More
Heating oil tanks have come a long way over the years since the old rusty metal tanks that were "plonked" outside the house in any old spot. Most back gardens now are the pride of the householder and ... Read More
Fuel Tanker Driver
WCF Fuels North West – Preston
WCF Fuels North West are looking to recruit a Class 2 rigid tanker driver to be based at Leyland on a full time basis. The role will be multi-drop work delivering domestic heating oil, agricultural and commercial fuels to customers across the North West and as the job involves manual handling, a good level of fitness is required. The basic hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with scope for regular overtime including Saturday mornings, especially during the busier winter months. The ideal candidate will be friendly, customer focused and flexible.
· Daily loading of the vehicle at the designated fuel terminal or company depot following all operational procedures and health & safety guidelines.
· Delivering fuel oil to domestic, agricultural and commercial premises on a fuel tanker capable of carrying separate products using a wet-line system.
· Using an on-truck computer for all transactions relating to loading and delivering fuel, and completing all necessary paperwork.
· Ensuring that all company policies and procedures, as documented in the driver’s handbook, are adhered to at all times both on and off company sites and customer premises.
· To operate the vehicle and company equipment in line with safe systems of work.
· Any other duties commensurate of this position as directed by the Line Manager.
· Class C/Class C+E
· ADR licence – class 3 in tanks (Essential)
· PDP (Preferable)
· Computer literate
· Attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Customer focused
· Practical attitude
· Numerical skills are essential
· Good knowledge of delivery area
Closing date 20th April 2018.
Please contact Ian Billington on 01524 733669 or email email@example.com with your c.v.
I would just like to thank you for such a prompt delivery to Ealinghearth. I telephoned the other lunch time and with two hours my oil had been delivered!. I didn’t even have time to put my Christmas card out for my driver. It was a great service at this very busy time...
This is a short message to compliment your telephone team on their welcoming manner. I appreciate over the last 10 years in various properties I have only spoken to them one a year to order for winter but have always left the phone feeling they are so very professional and friend...
Unfortunately I don't do Facebook, but I was going to call today to thank you for your fantastic service. I only ordered at lunchtime and received a full unsupervised delivery at 8-30 the next morning !...
My dog is due to pup any time and I ran out of oil meaning I couldn't keep my dog warm, WCF Fuels were here within an hour and helped to get my heating back on again. Thank you so much for your speedy service. ...
For the last two years or so we have had a great deal of trouble with our AGA. When turned up to the correct setting the flame became erratic and made an irritating " blabbing" noise even though additive had been added.I am pleased to say that since our last delivery of your spec...
Just a quick email to say how impressed I was with the service I received when placing my most recent order on 1st December. Spoke to Phill in the morning, and the order was delivered the same day. Fantastic service. ...
I rang at the weekend and left an answer phone message as we had run out of oil. I was so impressed that you had managed to schedule a delivery so quickly but special thanks must go to the driver Mr Ludlam, he tracked me down at work to query a possible leak on our tank and sugge...