WCF Fuels North West are looking to recruit a Class 2 rigid tanker driver to be based at Carnforth on a full time basis. The role will be multi-drop work delivering domestic heating oil, agricultural and commercial fuels to customers across South Cumbria and North Lancashire and as the job involves manual handling, a good level of fitness is required. The basic hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with scope for regular overtime including Saturday mornings, especially during the busier winter months. The ideal candidate will be friendly, customer focused and flexible with a can do attitude.
- Daily loading of the vehicle at the designated fuel terminal or company depot following all operational procedures and health & safety guidelines.
- Delivering fuel oil to domestic, agricultural and commercial premises on a fuel tanker capable of carrying separate products using a wet-line system.
- Using an on-truck computer for all transactions relating to loading and delivering fuel, and completing all necessary paperwork.
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures, as documented in the driverís handbook, are adhered to at all times both on and off company sites and customer premises.
- To operate the vehicle and company equipment in line with safe systems of work.
- Any other duties commensurate of this position as directed by the Line Manager.
- Class C/Class C+E
- ADR licence Ė class 3 in tanks
- PDP (Preferable)
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Customer focused
- Practical attitude
- Numerical skills are essential
- Good knowledge of delivery area